Last Updated: May 2017
You want the absolute best for your baby at every stage of his or her life. The Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress is designed to provide your infant with the best, safest, and most comfortable night’s sleep possible from the time you bring home your bundle of joy and well throughout his or her childhood.
Product Features and Specifications
- Materials: This dual-purpose mattress contains two foam densities wrapped in a vinyl, phthalate, lead, polyethylene, and PVC-free nylon cover.
- Sizes: It is 52 inches long by 27.5 inches wide, so it fits into most cribs and toddler beds snugly.
- Thickness: This product is five inches thick, which is perfect for today’s standard crib and toddler fitted sheets.
- Comfort: Because this product contains memory foam rather than innersprings, it offers up an unsurpassed level of comfort for newborns, infants, toddlers, and children.
- Durability: Unlike products designed with innersprings, memory foam mattresses will not sag over time. This means that you can expect years and years of use with the proper care.
- Safety: This product is free from harsh chemicals, offers a natural internal fire barrier, and is firm enough even for your newborn.
- Age and Weight Limit: Because memory foam regains its original shape so easily, there is no age or weight limit on this particular mattress. Your child can use it until he or she graduates to a twin or full bed.
Pros and Cons
- This is a dual-purpose mattress designed to grow with your child. The “newborn” side is made of extra firm high density memory foam that provides all of the safety and support your brand new little one needs. The “toddler” side offers firm high density foam that gives just a little more cushioning for body-hugging support.
- The mattress is completely free from harsh chemicals that can cause respiratory problems or allergies.
- The product has side-stitched seams, and the nylon cover is both waterproof and hypoallergenic.
- The cover is treated with Ultra Fresh to give it protection from microbes, and it is easily wiped down with a damp sponge.
- The Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress comes with a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.
- Weighing in at just a little more than 10 pounds, changing sheets or moving the mattress is a snap.
- The outer nylon cover is quite thin, so you need to use another mattress cover to get the best possible protection.
- There is an odor apparent after unwrapping the product, so you need to let it air out for 72 hours before placing it in the crib.
- A few reviewers noted that they received mattresses that were too small for their cribs. Be sure to measure your crib and compare it to the aforementioned length and width to ensure a proper fit.
Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer Crib Mattress Review
While the Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress is more expensive than its innerspring counterparts, we feel that it is well worth the investment in your little one’s safety and comfort.
This is one of the highest-rated crib mattresses out there today, and for good reason. It lasts for years to come, and many parents even mention that they continued to use the same mattress for multiple children thanks to its overall durability. Parents and caregivers appreciated the side seams that were almost completely flat against the mattress, since this provides extra protection in the event of an accident; there are no crevices for liquids to work their way into.
Those who have used this mattress for several consecutive years note that there is very little – if any – evidence of use. This is a true testament to the high quality of the memory foam contained inside. In fact, all of the products in the Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress are of high quality, though the nylon cover is quite thin in comparison to other mattress covers.
Parents who switched from a traditional innerspring mattress to this one noted that they immediately felt as if their infants were safer from the very first night. They noted that while the infant side is indeed firm, it is cushioned enough to feel comfortable to their infants. Parents who moved the mattress to their children’s toddler beds noted that there was not much difference in firmness from one side to the other, but their toddlers seemed to sleep pleasantly without complaint.
Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer Crib Mattress: Our Verdict
As always, we feel that memory foam offers a better and more supportive sleep surface for people of all ages – including newborns and small children. While the Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress is more expensive than its innerspring counterparts, we feel that it is well worth the investment in your little one’s safety and comfort. This product lasts for years to come, and while some other mattresses may grow with your child into toddlerhood, this one very well may provide you with the perfect crib mattress for each of your children. When you want the very best for your baby, the Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress is the right choice.
Where to buy?
You can purchase from Amazon right here.