Last Updated: January 2017
Your mattress is one of the most important purchases you can make, so you shouldn’t spend that money on something chemical-laden and odorous. Your bed should match your home and provide you with a healthy, restorative space for sleep and comfort. The Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress skips the harmful ingredients and instead uses green tea infused memory foam to give you a safe, cozy space to sleep and rejuvenate each night.
Product Features and Specifications
- Materials: The mattress is made with CertiPUR-US flexible polyurethane foam infused with naturally antioxidant green tea to support health and maintain mattress freshness.
- Sizes: The product measures 80 inches by 76 inches by 12 inches and weighs 93 pounds. The mattress is produced with a density of three pounds.
- Thickness: The 12-inch depth includes multiple layers consisting of three inches of memory foam, a two-inch layer of pressure relieving comfort foam, 3.5 inches of airflow high density foam, and 3.5 inches of airflow high density base support foam.
- Comfort: The firm, high density memory foam contours to the body, providing an individual, custom fit for the ultimate pressure point relief during sleep. It has a medium-firm level of comfort.
- Durability: The product comes with a limited 10 year warranty to ensure that it meets or exceeds all factory requirements without defects and develops minimal sag over years of use.
- Safety: This mattress has been voluntarily tested in an independent laboratory and is CertiPUR – US Certified for durability, performance, and content, ensuring its safety for use in your home.
- Weight Limit: While no weight limit is listed for this particular mattress, reviewers weighing up to 260 pounds were able to comfortably sleep on the product and continually use it for months without any issues.
Pros and Cons
- Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress is designed for maximum comfort and freshness in any household, with the soothing presence of antioxidant green tea adding a relaxing component to the product.
- Its layers work together to provide maximum support and pressure point relief. They also help sleepers maintain a healthy airflow for better temperature regulation and a good night’s sleep.
- The product’s CertiPUR certification ensures that it has been rigorously tested and found to be a durable, sturdy mattress that will last through the test of time.
- The limited 10 year warranty on the product provides consumers with peace of mind and the receipt of a wise purchase.
- Compression technology enables the package to be “smartly shipped,” creating an easy to maneuver package that can be carried and installed in any building, no matter how narrow the halls or doorways.
- Because of the product’s layers of memory foam and plush top, it cannot be flipped. While some customers worried about the product losing its firmness more quickly, most agreed that simply rotating the mattress kept it well balanced.
- Some buyers decided that the product was too firm for their tastes. Most of these were not familiar with the body-contouring effects of memory foam, but they were able to alter it to their preferences with a plush mattress topper.
- A few purchasers were skeptical about the mattress arriving in a bundle and noted that it did not fully expand after opening, but after following directions on the package they were surprised to find how firm it was upon full inflation.
Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
The Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress provides you with a safe, body conforming space to rest and restore yourself after long days of hard work and hard play.
Customers who reviewed the Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress noted that it was comparable to the memory foam products they had previously used, such as the Tempur-Pedic mattress, while costing a fraction of the price. They were also pleasantly surprised by the freshness of the product from the presence of the green tea, as well as the quick unfurling of the mattress upon opening its package. Larger customers said that it still supported them as well as any children who happened to crawl into bed after having a bad dream during the night.
Although some buyers reviewed the product as not being as thick as promised, they later amended statements to explain that the product did expand to its full width once it was provided enough time to fully air out over a period of up to two days. The manufacturer also recommends opening the product within 72 hours after its arrival for the maximum freshness and best expansion results. Some customers were able to sleep on the mattress before the 48 hour expansion period was complete while others were more comfortable waiting longer.
A few reviewers complained about a smell, but most said that this product had no smell. Those who did experience odor reported that it dissipated within the first 24 hours.
You will spend up to a third of your life resting on your mattress, so it should be a refreshing, comfortable environment. It also should not make you penniless as a result of its purchase. The Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress provides you with a safe, body conforming space to rest and restore yourself after long days of hard work and hard play. It provides essential pressure point relief and body support for a fraction of the price you will encounter with other memory foam products. We recommend it to people who want a great sleep for a great deal.
Where to buy?