Last Updated: January 2017 Signature Sleep Signature 13 inch mattress is a product from Signature...
Category - Signature Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
Signature Sleep Memory Foam Mattresses
The right mattress can make all the difference when it comes to getting a good night’s rest. If you’ve struggled to find a mattress that provides you with the right amount of support, yet cushions delicate joints to prevent back pain, memory foam may be your answer. Signature Sleep is a leading provider of memory foam mattresses, and has a wide selection available to fit any taste or budget.
About Signature Sleep
Signature Sleep is dedicated to providing memory foam mattresses of exceptional quality to all their customers. Their products have been developed after many years of careful research, and combine the latest advances in technology to ensure superior comfort. Although they are headquartered in Canada, they nonetheless comply with the flammability standards set forth in the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations Part 1633. They have mattresses in various sizes and thicknesses, many of which are also ideal for children. They offer a limited one-year warranty on all their mattresses.
The benefits of Signature Sleep mattresses has been widely acclaimed by a number of bloggers and website owners, including:
- Thrifty and Chic
- Bella Savvy
- Being MVP
- Networking Witches
- Frugal Mom and Wife
- Baby and Kids
- Midlife Mommy Adventures
- Rude Mom
Signature Sleep offers several different product lines or “collections”. The different collections offered by this company include:
- Black Collection – which includes independently encased coil and memory foam mattresses ranging from 8 to 14 inches thick.
- Gold Collection – a line that consists of mattresses made from CertiPUR-US, a type of memory foam that is manufactured without ozone depleters so it is safer for the environment. These mattresses also do not contain flame retardants, mercury, lead or other heavy metals.
- Signature Collection – which includes a number of mattresses that are ideal for children, including ones covered with zebra print and Army print. This collection also contains mattresses that may be used on sofa beds and day beds.
- Acclaimed Collection – a collection that includes a number of basic mattresses in twin, queen and full sizes, many of which also contain 13.5 gauge tempered steel coils.
- Allure Collection – consisting of a 6” or 10” thick mattress, both of which are designed to evenly distribute body weight and allow for proper spinal alignment.
- Luxe Collection – which are mattresses developed to reduce the amount of motion one feels whenever a partner tosses and turns. They are touted as the perfect combination between a coil and memory foam mattress.
The company also has a full line of foundations and bed frames that will accompany any of their mattresses perfectly. Many of these foundations can be used as a substitute for box springs.
All Signature Sleep mattresses are rolled and compressed into a tiny vinyl case that somewhat resembles ones that folding chairs come in. Upon removing the mattress, you may notice that it appears to be a thick roll of bubble wrap. You must completely unroll this mattress and allow it to fully expand before using. This typically takes between 48 and 72 hours. Once the mattress has fully expanded, there will be no signs whatsoever that it once was compressed. Compressing the mattress in this manner allows Signature Sleep to save you money on shipping, and also makes it easier for you to transport the mattress in the future.
Each mattress comes with a one-year limited warranty against defects in workmanship and material. Upon returning the mattress, Signature Sleep will either repair or replace it, provided identical materials are available. If not, the company may substitute materials of equal or greater quality. To be eligible for their warranty, you must have purchased the mattress from an authorized dealer, maintain your original bill of sale, and have the product’s law tags still intact. Some things covered under the warranty include wires that are bent, broken or protruding, and sagging or indentations measuring 1/12 inch or greater. Things that are not covered in the warranty include:
- Sagging resulting in an indentation less than 1/12 inch in depth
- Structural damage that directly results from using an improper bed frame, foundation, or box springs
- Normal wear and tear
- Damage due to negligence
What is Memory Foam?
Memory foam is produced by adding certain chemicals to polyurethane during the manufacturing process to give it greater flexibility. Memory foam is considered to be “viscoelastic”, which means it has the unique ability to provide support while also conforming to the contours of your body. It looks much like regular foam, yet unlike other foam, it springs back into position when pressed upon.
History of Memory Foam
Memory foam is a product that was first developed by NASA in the 1960s. Its original purpose was to provide comfort to airline passengers who were taking extended trips across the country. The initial success later led to its development for use in a number of other products, including pillows, mattresses, and mattress toppers. Although it has been around for some time, it has recently seen a surge in popularity, leading to the development of new and innovative products from companies such as Signature Sleep.
Benefits of Memory Foam
Memory foam provides some unique benefits that other mattress materials do not possess, such as:
- Easily conforms to the shape of each person
- Long lasting and durable
- Evenly distributes body weight to reduce back pain
- Cushions delicate joints to relieve discomfort due to strains or arthritis
- Never needs flipped or rotated
- Reduces the amount of movement one feels when sleeping with a partner
- Affordable and long lasting
Memory Foam Disadvantages
Although there are numerous advantages to memory foam, it does have some disadvantages such as:
- A foul odor may be noticed immediately after purchase due to offgassing, or the release of chemicals used to manufacture memory foam. Airing the product out for around 24 hours is usually needed to eliminate this odor.
- Heat may be trapped in the foam while sleeping, causing an increase in temperature that may make it uncomfortable for people to rest. Using products with a cooling gel is recommended for those who are bothered by the additional warmth.
- May trap carbon dioxide and lead to an increase in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, or SIDS. For this reason, they are not recommended for infants.
- May not be effective at treating sleep apnea, a leading sleep disorder
Signature Sleep Best Sellers
Signature sleep memory foam mattress products come in so many varieties that it would be impossible to name them all here. However, there are three products that consistently receive high reviews from people just like you that we thought were worth mentioning. The top Signature Sleep mattress choices include:
Signature Sleep Contour 8-Inch Twin Mattress – A great blend of traditional coils and memory foam provides you with maximum comfort. Not only does the memory foam inside this mattress provide you with exceptional support, but the individually-wrapped coils also ensure there is even weight distribution. This mattress will provide you support for your neck, back, shoulders and hips, and will relieve painful pressure points that may lead to aches and pains upon rising. We ship this mattress rolled up and compressed, so it must be unrolled for a full 48 hours before use to allow it to completely expand.
Signature Sleep 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress – Providing greater support than the 8-inch mattress, this one is ideal for people suffering from back pain. It consists of a combination of memory foam and polyester layered between the outer cover and the coils, providing you with excellent comfort. Its quilted design allows for greater breathability, and is extremely smooth against the skin. It comes in twin, full, queen, and king sizes, and is also available in both white and black.
Signature Sleep Essential 6-Inch Twin Mattress – This mattress is somewhat lighter than the other memory foam mattresses offered by Signature Sleep, and is therefore ideal for children and teens who are more lightweight. Since it is available in twin or queen sizes, this mattress is a popular choice for guest bedrooms and campers. It also contains polyester and foam layered between the coils to provide both flexibility and support. The quilted cotton cover gives it the look of a traditional mattress. This item comes in white or black, and may be compressed for easy handling.
There are several things you should think about when choosing a memory foam mattress. Here are a few things you should keep in mind in order to make the right choice.
You can find memory foam mattresses in every size from twin to king. Keep in mind that not all bed frames are standard sizes, so you may you need a different sized mattress than what your frame calls for. Signature Sleep has carefully marked the dimensions of their mattresses to ensure a proper fit. For best results, you should measure your bed frame ahead of time to ensure you are purchasing the right one.
Density refers to the softness and amount of support a mattress has. Memory foam mattresses generally come in three different densities, and the one you choose will largely depend on the amount of support you desire:
- Low density mattresses are those rated at three pounds per cubic foot or lower. Low density memory foam is the softest available, but will also wear out quicker.
- Medium density foam is rated at either four or five pounds per cubic foot. It provides slightly more support than low density foam, and is also more durable. It is recommended by anyone who needs a moderate amount of support.
- High density memory foam is rated at six pounds per cubic foot or higher. It is the most durable, and also provides the greatest amount of support. High density foam mattresses are ideal for anyone who regularly suffers back pain upon wakening.
There are also several choices available when it comes to thickness. The total thickness of a mattress is measured in inches, with thicker ones being capable of supporting more weight. Memory foam mattresses may be anywhere from six inches or more thick, with ones between 10 and 12 inches thick being suitable for most people. These mattresses may also contain a support and/or air flow layer on the bottom, and contain a layer of memory foam on top. If you desire a more flexible mattress, choose one with a thicker layer of memory foam on the top. Many people find a memory foam layer of around 2.5 inches provides adequate support, yet also allows for a greater ease in movement.
Memory foam has a tendency to absorb body heat, as it is the warmth from your body that molds it into position. Since cooler temperatures are generally best for sleeping, the additional heat trapped by memory foam may make resting difficult for some people. If you’re one of them, perhaps a product that also contains gel might be ideal for you. Gel provides a natural cooling effect to help lower body temperature, making it perfect for those who like to turn their thermostats down at night.
Signature Sleep’s line of mattresses all vary in cost. You will find these mattresses comparatively priced with other, more traditional mattresses; however, they can also be expected to last much longer than others. We recommend you keep this in mind when purchasing a mattress, and buy the best quality one you can reasonably afford. A memory foam mattress is an investment that will provide you with numerous rewards in the way of better sleep, more energy, and fewer aches and pains. It is entirely possible to reduce medical expenses by sleeping on a memory foam mattress, so you should take the potential savings into account when deciding upon a budget.
Despite the fact that you can easily sink into a memory foam mattress, it nonetheless springs back time after time, keeping its shape through extended wear. As such, the mattress you purchase today is likely to provide you with years of durable support, and make sleeping so restful that you will never want to go back to using a traditional coil spring mattress again.
Last Updated: January 2017 Perhaps the Signature Sleep essential 6 inch twin mattress, white is...
Last Updated: January 2017 If you are still sleeping on a traditional, old-fashioned spring...
(Last Updated: May 2016) This Signature Sleep mattress is one of the most affordable on the market...
(Last Updated: May 2016) The Signature Sleep 12 inch memory foam mattress is the result of years...