Last Updated: May 2017
As amazing as memory foam is on its own, some people simply sleep better with a softer mattress that has more give. For years, consumers wished for some sort of hybrid mattress to combine the benefits of both worlds. Now the wait is over with the Classic Brands Gramercy Hybrid Cool Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress. It is the perfect mattress for individuals who wish for a soft yet supportive mattress that provides both give and temperature regulation throughout the night.
Product Features and Specifications
- Materials: The support base consists of 13-gauge steel coils that are individually wrapped for precise contortion to the body. The box top layer of the mattress is made from certified flexible polyurethane gel foams.
- Sizes: The product measures 80 inches by 60 inches by 14 inches and weighs 106 pounds.
- Thickness: The 14-inch depth includes the following layers: 1 inch of gel-infused memory foam, .25 inch of comfort foam, .5 inch of comfort foam, 1 inch of gel memory foam, 2 inches of comfort foam, .75 inches of comfort foam and an 8-inch support layer of individually wrapped coils.
- Comfort: The combination of pocketed coils to prevent sleep disruption from movement and layers of gel-infused memory foam provide a medium feel. The gel memory foam also provides a cooling effect as it draws heat away from the body.
- Durability: With its superior workmanship and lasting materials, the mattress comes with a 10-year warranty guaranteeing its durability for the consumer.
- Safety: This product has been voluntarily tested, analyzed and certified CertiPUR-US through independent lab testing. It also utilizes Smart Packaging to reduce it overall environmental footprint during the shipping process.
- Age and Weight Limit: Although the maximum weight is not listed, several individuals weighing 210 pounds or more have positively reviewed the product, saying that it handles their size fine.
Pros and Cons
- Classic Brands Gramercy Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress combines the firm support of memory foam with the give of a spring mattress, resulting in a medium feel many sleepers enjoy.
- The cool gel memory foam layers help provide the sleeper with a more comfortable rest, drawing out body heat and regulating temperature.
- It comes with a lovely detailed quilted pillow-top knit cover surrounded by corded edging and matching sides to help provide additional breath-ability while resting.
- The product is shipped compressed in a long box to allow easy transportation and installation in apartment buildings and other areas with narrow passageways.
- The 10-year warranty provides buyers with the peace of mind of a lasting quality purchase.
- Some consumers had complaints about not being able to flip the mattress to make it last longer. Even with the guarantee, individuals can rotate the mattress regularly if they worry about distributing wear and tear evenly.
- Some buyers commented that the mattress was firmer or stiffer than expected. Most of these customers’ worries were put to rest after a few nights of using the product.
- A few purchasers said that the bed failed to expand after opening its shipping container but found that after letting it air out for up to two days it rose to its complete size.
Classic Brands Gramercy 14 Inch Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress
The dual design of the Classic Brands Gramercy 14 Inch Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress gives consumers the same kind of cushioning they expect from gel memory foam without the extra firmness. It is an affordable solution for people who want a perfect night’s sleep from the best of both worlds: the cooling comfort of gel memory foam and the soft give of an innerspring mattress.
The consensus for the Classic Brands Gramercy Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress is that the product is a similar match to most memory foam products without the feeling of being too firm. Reviewers who previously owned memory foam mattresses compared it to products like Tempur-Pedic, saying that it had more give but similar contouring support. Most consumers recommend using a box spring with the mattress since it is a hybrid and works well on most standard beds.
A few customers complained about the mattress’s weight and how it quickly springs open upon opening. Buyers should take care to ask for assistance in carrying the package and be sure to step back after opening it to allow the mattress time to unfurl. If gaps occur between the mattress and bed, consumers should wait for up to a day for the product to fully expand before using the mattress. The mattress also features straps along its base to help with the lifting.
Even though a few buyers complained of a strange odor upon opening their mattresses, most added that the packaging smell did not last long and was gone within hours after installation.
For some people, a memory foam mattress can put pressure on parts of the body, causing an uncomfortable situation. The dual design of the Classic Brands Gramercy Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress gives consumers the same kind of cushioning they expect from gel memory foam without the extra firmness. It is an affordable solution for people who want a perfect night’s sleep from the best of both worlds: the cooling comfort of gel memory foam and the soft give of an innerspring mattress.
Where to buy?